Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Sorry For Being A Bit Quiet

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been online much lately either on my blog or Twitter and Facebook. This is because on 22nd February my grandad passed away after suffering a short illness. He was 80 years old and was a truly wonderful man, always happy and cheerful and extremely intelligent. I've spent the last week at my grandma's keeping her company whilst my Mum had to return home to France for a few days. She had spent nearly a month with my grandma after grandad got rushed into hospital at the beginning of February but she needed to go home to sort a few things out before coming back. At 82 my grandma is still reasonably fit and active but I didn't like the idea of her being in the house by herself. She insisted on doing all the cooking but roped me into helping out with the housework and we kept each other going. Grandad had been in a nursing home since December and was becoming increasingly frail so in a way we all knew that he didn't have long left but it's still very upsetting. But at the same time it's also a relief to know that he isn't suffering anymore. The funeral is on Monday and at the moment I don't really feel in the mood to be writing much about food. I'll be back soon, but just thought I'd give you all a little update in case you're wondering where I've been.

10 comments:

  1. Aah Jen, I have really missed you and I'm sorry for your loss. You take it easy and don't worry about your blog cos we'll all be rushing straight back to read it whenever you feel ready.
    Take care and love to you and your family. Love Camilla xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs)) I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Your Grandma is lucky to have such a lovely granddaughter as you to help her through this difficult time. Sending lots of positive vibes your way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've typed 3 comments out now and none sounded right. Just wanted to say sorry to hear about your loss and that I hope you have lots of happy memories of your granddad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear your sad news Jen, thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No words can help, but all our thoughts are with you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear your news and well done you for supporting your Grandma. She must so appreciate you being there. We look forward to welcoming you back to blogland x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry to hear about your news... my thoughts are with you... go bake something lovely and sticky and sweet and naughty and really bad for you and celebrate his life in the eating of it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry ro hear about your sad news. Such things can never be solved by logic, since there is no sense in all of it. I wish you and your family all the strength you need at this time. Baking something lovely might be a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really know what to write at this very difficult time for you and your family except to say that I'm so sorry. Please accept my deepest sympathies xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your grandfather Jen. It's always difficult losing those you love at whatever age. I still miss my grandparents. Hope the funeral went OK and your grandmother is coping.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please feel free to comment on any of my posts. I love to hear what you think! :)